Black Lotus is a platform to spread goodness and global peace through meditation and Random acts of Kindness(RAK). To fructify this grand vision, we are looking to build an amazing team.
This grand movement inspired and led by Om Swami himself is looking to onboard professionals on full time basis, location is not a constraint. Black Lotus (BL) 1.0 version of the app was launched in July 2017. We have a roadmap to build this into a stellar app over next 2 years.
The key ask is one needs to give their best to whatever they do. Not to miss, you will also get an opportunity to work with Industry veterans who are part of the team and will provide the relevant expertise to this initiative.
Here are the details:
Job Description – Lead Developer
To lead the app development, we are looking for a full time Lead Developer based in Bangalore. The lead developer would be a hands-on developer and would lead a small team of developers (front end and server side). The lead would interface with the UX/UI team as well as the product team to develop the app. This position involves working with resources from external development teams to augment the internal team.
- Lead the development team in development, coding, testing.
- Coordinate the development team’s schedule and ensure effective communication between team members and other functional areas.
- Collaborate with internal team members and help them achieve their goals.
- Should be dynamic and provide leadership: ready to perform both as an Individual contributor (80%) and Team Leader (20%).
- Translate ideas into concrete algorithms, and implementations.
- Act as a technical mentor and advisor.
- 6+ years of software development experience with more than 3+ years of app development.
- Experience with React Native is a must.
- Experience with Ruby-on-Rails is a nice to have.
- Mobile app product development experience is a must.
- Ability to lead a team of developers – goal setting, and technical guidance.
- Degree in Engineering (Graduate or Masters).
- Knowledge of software development practices with a focus on Quality.
- Ability and willingness to learn new technologies and domains.
- Experience with Consumer app development is a bonus.
Job Description – UI Designer
This person will be working on a meditation app with an existing style guide, task will involve creating new features applying existing style guide for consistency, opportunity to improve and enhance existing style wherever applicable. This role is mainly Visual and UI design focussed.
We are looking for a talented UI Designer to create amazing user experiences. The ideal candidate should have an eye for clean and artful design, possess superior UI skills and be able to translate UX wireframes provided into beautiful, intuitive, and functional user interfaces.
- Collaborate with product management and engineering to define and implement innovative solutions for the product direction, visuals and experience.
- Execute all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off to engineering.
- Conceptualize original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex design roadblocks.
- Create features based on an existing style guide, improve and enhance the design where needed.
- Experience creating iconography, mobile friendly layouts, expert knowledge of typography and visual branding.
- Motion graphics knowledge will be an added bonus.
- Proven UI experience on mobile a must.
- Demonstrable UI design skills with a strong portfolio.
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, OmniGraffle, or other visual design tools.
- Excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to user-system interaction.
- Ability to present your designs and sell your solutions to various stakeholders.
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively.
- Up-to-date with the latest UI trends, techniques, and technologies.
- Illustration skills desired but not mandatory for the role.