If you are a first time user, please go through the below mentioned FAQ:
What is Black Lotus?
Black Lotus is a Movement to raise levels of Global Happiness and personal peace through meditation and Random Acts of Kindness (RAKs) (planned in next release). Through this completely free meditation App, the endeavour is to connect communities and people at large to meditate collectively and create a powerful impact in the universe with right intentions.
Black Lotus app is developed and curated by Black Lotus Peace Foundation, a Non-for-Profit Company.
What is the vision/goal of Black Lotus?
1) To increase global peace by meditating with global community of meditators
2) To improve quality of life for an individual by fostering meditation with Self / Others (you can journal your meditation each time and see how you are progressing)
3) To spread peace and prosperity in the World by promoting “acts of kindness” (Yet to be released feature)
What is the significance behind the name Black Lotus?
We need more people in this world that live by and champion the cause of goodness selflessly. Black Lotus is an apt name for such a person, Black is black because it absorbs all colors; Lotus is lotus because it is born in mire but stays gloriously above it. An individual who is in this world but sees and acts not in worldly sense as we know is a Black Lotus.
Who is Om Swami and how can I know more about Him?
Om Swami is a renowned Himalayan mystic. You can know more about Him in his own words here. You can connect with him on www.omswami.com.
What is meditation? How will I benefit by doing it?
Great question. Hear all about it from Om Swami here.
I am a newbie, how do I go about using the App?
We are happy that you want to use the App. You can do so in the following ways:
- Meditate privately using “Meditate Now” feature. You can choose guided meditation or opt for curated music for each session. After each session, you can jounal your experience of the meditation. This can be viewed in tab Meditation->Stats (top right icon) to regularly track your progress.
- In the “Meditate Now”, choose the option of “Timed Meditation”. Set a Timer and meditate at your own desired time. We will remind you with a bell at the end of Timed session. You can journal the quality of your meditation using the feedback page.
- Look up when the next “Meditate with Others” is scheduled (scheduled every fortnight on a Saturday at 6pm IST). Meditate with a global community of meditators across the world and yes, along with Om Swami. You can choose from history to meditate (clock icon at top right corner) on past global meditation sessions.
- We are excited about the new feature Swaminar. In “Events” section, you can check out when the next Swaminar (Live QA with Om Swami) is scheduled. You can ask a question (visible to all participants) or upvote a question asked by others that you like. Om Swami will choose to answer as many questions as possible during the event. You can check out previously held Swaminars as well to get an idea.
- You can read insightful blogs/quotes from Om Swami in the “Wisdom” section.
- Feel free to discover more content through Videos, Meditation Retreats and Photo Gallery.
I want to give feedback, how can I do so in the App?
Great! We would love to hear from you. Please go to Meditation tab -> Settings icon (top left), and choose “Send Feedback” to let us know your thoughts/opinion/feedback/queries. Please note that the feedback will be sent via your email.
I am happy to use the app and I want to contribute. How can I do so?
Fantastic! We really appreciate your intention. You can choose to contribute in the following ways:
- If you choose to help us financially, you can go here to donate here
- If you have any expertise you think that we could benefit from, please fill this link and you will hear from us shortly.
If you are a returning user, the below FAQ might interest you.
Why should I have to Sign Up again?
We know this is a mild irritation if you had already signed up to the Black Lotus 1.0 App. Kindly note that the new release is a brand new app, built grounds-up with totally new features, including what we want to know about our users. Hence you need to Sign Up afresh to help us know more about you. We regret this inconvenience and thank you for understanding! Also you could choose to Sign Up with Google Account with minimal inputs.
What new changes have been made from the earlier release?
We are very excited to tell you that we have added new features and implemented major changes in this release. A few of them are:
- Swaminar – You can now participate in a Live session with Om Swami on pre listed events (which you need to join). You can ask a question before the event or view other participants questions and upvote them. Om Swami will answer as many questions as possible.
- You can now record feedback on your meditation experience in a journal. Through stats provided, you can track your progress.
- A brand new interface to guide your experience better
You can provide your suggestions easily through Meditation->Settings->”Send Feedback”
- You can choose to download Meditation tracks and use the App in offline mode.
- In the “Meditate Now” section you can choose the option of “Timed Meditation” where you can set a Timer and meditate at your own desired time.
- You can journal the quality of your meditation using the feedback page.